To ensure that the RX8 clutch shoe works properly and for a long time, it is very important to run in the clutch shoe.
Please follow these run-in steps to help ensure proper clutch operation:
1. Install clutch according to manual.
2. Check that the spring preload is not too much; for run-in process use less preload.
3. When you start the engine, the clutch should start engage under low RPM.
If the clutch engages only under high RPM, stop the engine and loosen the spring preload collar. Repeat until the clutch engages under low RPM.
4. Run in the clutch shoe on the track, or on the starter box if you have only limited time.
(We recommend running it in on the track.)
5. Run in the clutch shoe for 1 tank of fuel using a soft preload setting, and then after that slightly tighten the spring preload. DO NOT run in the clutch shoe under high RPM.
6. Continue this process until the clutch shoe is properly run in; this will be indicated by a dark and glossy surface colour on the top of the clutch shoe.