2016 All-new Specs
- All-new floating servo system
- All-new steering arm floating system
- All-new side tubes
- All-new rear link brace
- All-new rear pod upper plate
- All-new central mount plate
- All-new shock mounting system
- All-new rear wing
- All-new aerodynamic X1 body
- XRAY 1/10 Formula race car with authentic 100% self-developed XRAY parts, designed and manufactured parts by XRAY in Europe
- Legendary XRAY premium design, workmanship & material quality and unmatched attention to the finest details
- Simple yet effective and proven design, well thought-out details, unmatched precision in all details
- High-competition design with focus on ultra-low weight, resulting in super-lightweight construction
- Optimized for indoor carpet racing as well as outdoor asphalt racing
- Elegant in simplicity & effectiveness, the X1 is set to become the new standard in 1/10 Formula racing.
- CNC-machined from custom-manufactured 2.5mm high-grade graphite material with a specially-designed compound for carpet racing and asphalt racing.
- Super-narrow chassis front allows for maximum traction while keeping sufficient steering and cornering speed.
- Chassis design has optimal stiffness for excellent handling, flexibility for maximum traction, and ideal torsional stability.
- Superb handling on either indoor or outdoor tracks, on carpet or asphalt.
- Improved steering response and optimal side-to-side weight transition.
- Rear graphite brace holds battery in place, and provides a solid mounting base for the side shock.
- Battery placement can be quickly changed from inline to cross-chassis, to offer ideal weight balance depending on track conditions; composite battery backstops eliminate battery movement.
- Laydown steering servo orientation for lowest CG at chassis center
- Front center shock mount is positioned in the absolute chassis center for perfect side-to-side weight transfer.
- Chassis and rear pod feature pre-drilled centerline holes for optimum weight balance adjustment using HUDY Balancing Tool #107880
- Strong, simple, fully adjustable, yet smart and ultra-efficient front suspension
- High-grade graphite lower & upper suspension arms and arm mount plate
- Tiny, strong composite pivot balls for smooth, bind-free operation.
- Adjustable front caster via eccentric bushings for front upper plate: 3°, 6°, 9°, and 12°
- Adjustable front camber via eccentric bushings for front upper arms: 1.0°, 1.5°, 2.0°, and 2.5°
- Adjustable front upper & lower roll centers via included shims
- Adjustable front track-width adjustment via included wheel axle shims.
- Independent floating servo mounting system: choice of independent or fixed position
- Tiny, robust 4-spring servo saver protects the servo from impact damage. Provides precise steering and consistent handling, while making the car easier to drive.
- Pre-drilled chassis holes to accommodate either a micro or mid-size steering servo.
- Centralized servo position for perfect steering characteristics
- Centrally-positioned servo saver arm with selectable Ackermann positions
- Servo arm mounting: choice of standard mounting or independent floating
- Adjustable bumpsteer characteristics via included shims
- Steering backstops mounted on lower arms allow adjustment of maximum steering angle
- Super-tiny yet robust steering blocks with multiple Ackermann positions, and ultra-precise inner hole for kingpin ensures wobble-free assembly.
- Super-smooth hardened steel kingpins
- Adjustable, lightweight aluminum turnbuckles for front toe adjustment
- Compact, ultra-lightweight rear pod design with composite rear pod links located closer to chassis centerline.
- Narrow rear pod design gives improved steering response and optimal side-to-side weight transition.
- CNC-machined pod bulkheads made from premium extra-hard Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum, additionally black coated for long life and stylish look.
- Rear pod upper plate made from strong graphite plate is the base for the central shock, the platform for the side tubes, and it connects the front chassis assembly with the rear pod.
- Rear graphite brace features multiple wing height mounting positions.
- Smart pod design accommodates all motors, allows for super-easy motor access.
- Pod pivot brace features an ultra-small and lightweight pivot ball for smooth movement.
- Eccentric composite bushings are included for ultra-fine rear ride height adjustment.
- Ultra-precise, micro-size side shock is machined from premium Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum, and is silicone oil filled to ensure constant and ultra-smooth damping.
- Lateral damper side tubes for smoother, more consistent operation.
- Linear side springs for more consistent and smoother compression for smoother out-of corner exiting, and reduction of traction rolling.
- Well-proven XRAY racing shock from touring car platform.
- Interchangeable internal parts, with fixed 1-piece precision pistons which are available with 3 different-diameter holes for damping adjustment: 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2mm with 2 and 3 holes.
- CNC-machined Swiss 7075 T6 alu shock body, hard-anodized, with fine external threading for quick & easy shock spring preload adjustment.
- Super-soft silicone shock O-ring for smooth operation while preventing oil leakage
- Ultra-finely finished hardened shock shaft.
- Self-centering shims hold the shock O-rings, for perfect alignment in the shock body.
- Finely-threaded aluminum shock lower cap secures the silicone O-rings and shims in the shock body.
- Super-soft silicone membrane, supported by a miniature foam pad, provides proper damping characteristics.
- The 2.2 linear shock spring provides the best balance between traction, stability, and steering response; a complete range of optional springs is available for further fine adjustment.
- CNC-machined ultra-precise wheel axles made from premium HUDY Spring Steel™ are additionally hardened and hand-ground for precision fitment.
- Ultra-strong lightweight hollow steel axle for maximum reliability and reduced rotational weight
- Rear differential with high-grade precision carbide balls for spur gear, hardened & precision-ground D-shaped steel shims, and premium carbide axial thrust-bearing.
- Precision-molded spur gear made from XRAY's exclusive composite material, ensures true running, super-quiet operation, and robustness for use with powerful motors.
- CNC-machined rear hubs made from lightweight aircraft aluminum, specially lightened and black-coated for stylish looks
- Rear left alu wheel hub features a center-balanced clamping mounting system, ensuring secure mounting while eliminating vibration and run-out.
- Full set high-speed, blue-sealed, steel ball-bearings used throughout the drivetrain and steering to ensure maximum efficiency. All bearings are degreased and oiled with AeroShell® Fluid 12 for maximum smoothness and long life.
- Easy rear track-width adjustment via included shims
Body & Aerodynamics:
- Robust body posts mounted on the solid platform on alu stands, featuring fully-adjustable body holders.
- Multi-part front spoiler consists of composite bumper and Lexan™ downforce spoiler.
- Composite front chassis bumper is very rigid yet flexible to provide superior protection.
- Lightweight Lexan™ front spoilers – choice of low or high downforce spoilers for difference track conditions.
- High-efficiency, high-strength, adjustable-downforce rear wing with adjustable mounting height position on rear pod
- High-performance, low-profile aerodynamic X1 body made from high-quality premium Lexan™ material for maximum versatility in most track conditions. Rear air channels direct airflow onto rear wing. Body sides as well as cockpit sides are as flat as possible to direct airflow around the body for maximum stability. On the rooftop, two flow channels are incorporated for proper air flow. An integrated helmet ensures the body is legal for races where a pilot figure helmet is required.
Assembly & support:
- Highest quality of all composite parts ensures super-precise fitment, easy assembly, and smooth operation of all parts
- Premium 3D full-color Instruction Manual
- Exclusive Virtual Online Set-up Sheet database with thousands of set-up sheets for race tracks around the world
- Premium, unmatched XRAY online support
- Front camber, caster, and toe
- Front & rear track-width
- Front, center, and rear ride height
- Front springs
- Fully-adjustable rear shock absorber
- Side damper tubes for lateral pod damping
- Chassis tweak
- Bump steer
- Differential settings
- Battery position
- Front wing downforce
- Rear wing downforce
- Steering system
- Servo mount system
|Width:||Adjustable 180 mm front, 185 mm rear (depends on tires used)|
|Ready-to-run weight:||985g (varies depending on equipment used)|
|Chassis:||2.5mm carbon fiber, CNC machined|
|Body:||XRAY X1 1/10 formula type|
|Type:||2WD direct drive to rear axle|
|Rear Axle:||Steel shaft with ball differential|
|Bearings:||High-speed ball-bearings (11)|
|Front:||Spring-supported, kingpin-style front suspension with composite steering blocks and graphite upper & lower suspension arms|
|Rear:||Conventional rear pod, adjustable via pivot-ball links, controlled by side tubes|
|Rear Shock:||Central adjustable oil-filled shock absorber|
|Ride Height:||Adjustable front + rear|
|Front Caster:||3–12° adjustable caster|
|Track-width:||Adjustable front + rear|
|Ackermann:||Adjustable with servo saver arm and steering block|
|Steering:||Direct linkage between steering arm and steering blocks|
|Balance:||Front/rear weight balance adjustable via battery position|
|Instructions:||Full colour instruction manual|
|Packaging:||Carton box with vinyl bags with parts|
|Additionally included:||Lexan Formula body & front wing, HUDY Diff Grease, Authentication Certificate, parts list & exploded view, shock oil|
|Not included:||Motor, batteries, speed controller, tires, steering servo, radio equipment|